Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Letters For You Project : Wake Me Up When September Ends

I am back. Sort of.... To be honest, I actually wanted to stop writing.
I've stopped writing in my agenda. I've stopped writing in my diary.
And sure I've been taking hiatus from writing blog posts.
Not that I got bored of writing, nor I have anything to write, but just the circumstances around me, were too hard to handle at times so I couldn't really have spare energy to write about it.

I don't want to go into details on what's REALLY going on with me. Because according to my experiences, knowing is not the same with understanding. Even though you know, it won't guarantee you will understand. So haters, judge me all you want, I can't care if what you think is wrong. If you want to lecture me, know me personally first.

So, anyway, what makes me want to write again....
First, I want to say, that I never really thought about this thing before. This idea came so suddenly and I don't have any bad intention or purpose of doing it, I just want to honest with myself.
Second, half of this mission is dedicated to someone. Someone important for me.


-Background Story-
Dia, yang selama ini selalu menemani saya, saat ini sedang berkelana. Keadaan begitu merubah kehidupan kami, terutama dia, dengan drastis. Sehingga dia, memerlukan waktu untuk menenangkan diri, jauh dari lingkungan yang selama ini ada, untuk berpikir, mencari wawasan yang lebih luas, demi masa depannya.
Aku, pernah berjanji padanya, akan mensupport dia selalu, untuk hal-hal yang akan membuatnya menjadi orang yang lebih baik.
Selama sebulan ini, September, dia "menghilang". Dan aku tidak bisa tahu, tentang keberadaannya, keadaannya, menghubungi dia, karena dia butuh untuk fokus.
Aneh? Maybe... I protested a little at the beginning.
But sometimes, we do need time and space to be alone, and although it saddens me not being able to help him in that way, I have to respect his decision.

Sewaktu dia berpamitan, di hari terakhir dia masih ada disini, dia bilang dia akan kembali awal Oktober. And he promised, if God permits, he will be back for sure.
Jadi.. Sebulan. No contact, at all, padahal selama ini tidak pernah ada berhenti contact. Aneh kah rasanya? Super weird.
So when I asked, whom can I talk and tell stories too... He said, to your blog.
Aku tidak tahu apakah dia menjawab itu sambil bercanda, atau serius, secara aku juga tidak pernah tahu apakah dia membaca blog ini atau tidak.
Tetapi dari situ, ada satu ide muncul.

Setiap malam, aku menulis satu surat.
Mungkin aku sedikit berharap, kali aja dia iseng-iseng baca.... Kalaupun tidak, yah setidaknya akan jadi tempat untukku, mengeluarkan uneg-uneg, cerita, dan kerinduan akan dia.

So I am starting my personal writing project, a month of letters for him. A project called, Wake Me Up When September Ends. :)
Why the name? Um... Because I totally relate to the song, I just want this September to be quickly done, and get to October, when I hope I can see him again.


So.. You.. Hey, you! My special guy...
If you happened to read this, I dedicate this project for you. And only you. It will be written in the other blog I have, not this one. So it won't get mixed up with the random things I got in here.
simplincy.blogspot.com
Others, don't read. Especially if you can't appreciate my thoughts and feelings.

2 comments:

bybyq said...

i think it is an interesting project. When we were in high school we did this 1000 paper cranes project. In a way we thought we did it for someone, but actually if we gave it a little deeper contemplation, it was for ourselves.
So does writing. I guess.
yes you dedicated this project for someone you care about, but... i think it is going to be good for yourself too. of course it is personal. My blog is personal too, and whatever someone comment in there we would take it personally >_< So yes I understand this project completely. Good luck with your cute project,

and keep writing :)

nCy.voiLa said...

Hehehe. True.

Post a Comment