Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

the journey

A few weeks ago, I had to go to Singapore for a little while. My mom needed me to accompany her, as she needed to get health check-up. We were flying there with Silk Air, direct from my hometown to Singapore. When we're on board, as usual I checked out the in-flight magazine.

Like other airlines' in-flight magazines, it contains many information about places to travel. I find some of them were interesting, some were boring. I skimmed through many pages, until in the middle of the magazine, I found a great headline.

The content's actually about Japan, but I'm not gonna talk about it. It was the title that struck me. I don't remember the exact words, but it's something like this :

Life is not about the destination, but it's about the journey.

That simple sentence somehow makes me think a lot about my life. Looking back, I've been through a lot of things. In some aspects, I can still say I should be grateful that I am lucky to have lived well. I've never been starved. I live in a good house, went to great schools, had many chances too to travel to many places. But surely life couldn't be that perfect, right? Along the way, I stumbled through many difficulties too. My personal life, emotionally, is not that great. Maybe I'll write about it later in different posts. Just contemplating about it. Somehow I forget, when was the last time I actually felt happy. I don't know what true happiness is, as I think I'm not lucky in that way. When I thought I was happy, somehow I got hurt real bad. There were many occasions I wish never had happened. There are some people I wish I never met. The whole deal is enough to make me lost my faith in life.

Then came that sentence. For some time, I'm contemplating. I find the sentence is very rich in its own way, for life's really not about the destination. What kind of destination people are looking for actually? In the end, we all die. The difference is just we may die as somebody, or die as nobody. But even a nobody can leave a great legacy.

I used to have a lot of dreams, but they won't come true. I don't have the capability to make great things. I'm maybe a nobody, and may remain the same until I die. Yeah. But I'm sure, my life, although there were much bitterness, has its own richness. And I hope, you all feel the same way. Treasure every breath, cherish every moment.

2 comments:

oneeye said...

out of many dreams you have, i hope you can make one come true, strive for it, live fot it. i hope your mum is alright.

nCy.voiLa said...

hehehe.. i dare not to hope again..
oh my mom's fine.. she has to buy some medications and take them regularly, but nothing's fatal..

Post a Comment